If you are wondering If you can attend the National MAC(Miss American Coed) Pageant, then the answer is YES! But how to get there and what is the best National MAC Pageant Competition for you??
These are questions that cross everyone’s mind from time to time and today we have the answers that you all have been looking for.
All you're missing is a MAC Title!
First let’s talk about State Queens, their titles, and how they are acquired.
State Miss American Coed Pageants
There are 4 types of State Queen titles available within MAC Pageants. https://store.macpageants.org/pages/mac-state-competition-info
- State Queen: The State Queen title is awarded to the contestant who ranked 1st in her age division, for her State, at her State MAC Pageant. These title holders qualify to represent their home state when they attend the National Queen Competition held in Orlando, Florida over Thanksgiving week. Examples of these titles are Miss Indiana, Miss Florida, Miss Texas, Miss Wisconsin, and Miss Georgia. Visit this LINK to register for your State MAC Pageant today.
- State Nickname Queen: The State Nickname Queen title is awarded to the contestant who ranked 2nd in her age division, for her State, at her State Pageant. These title holders qualify to represent their home State when they attend the National Queens Competition held in Orlando, Florida over Thanksgiving week. Examples of these titles are Miss Hoosier State, Miss Sunshine State, Miss Lone Star State, Miss Dairyland, and Miss Georgia Peach. Visit this LINK to register for your State MAC Pageant today.
- Open-State Queen: The Open-State Queen competition is open to anyone who travels from out of state to compete at a State MAC Pageant. The Open-State Queen title is awarded to the out-of-state contestant with the highest score in her age division. If there are no contestants from out-of-state in an age division, then the Open-State Queen title is awarded to the contestant in that age division with the next highest score after the State and State Nickname titles have been awarded. These title holders qualify to attend the National Queens competition held in Orlando, Florida over Thanksgiving week. Examples of these titles are Miss Lower Midwest, Miss Freedom, Miss Southwest, Miss Great Lakes Region, and Miss Southern States. Visit this LINK to register for your Open-State MAC Pageant today.
- At-Large Appointed State Queen: The At-large State Queen titles are titles that are available for appointment. These titles are available for one of the following reasons; either we did not crown a State, Nickname State, or Open-State title at a State Pageant. Or we do not host a state pageant for that State, which leave all the titles for that state available for appointment. The appointment of Regional State titles is at the discretion of the National Pageant Director. Examples of appointed Regional Titles include but are not limited to Miss Gulf Coast, Miss Eastern Shore, Miss Emerald Coast, Miss Great Plains Regions, Miss Outer Banks Island, and Miss Delaware Valley. Visit this LINK to apply for your At-Large Appointed State Queen title today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an At-Large Appointed State Queen title today.
Available At-Large Titles: Below is the list of States that we do not host State Pageants for. All the State Queen titles for these States are At-Large and available for appointment. Email email@example.com to request your At-Large Appointed State Queen title today!
There are still several State MAC Pageants scheduled for this Summer. I have provided you with a list of those below.
Remaining 2017 State MAC Pageants
Michigan & Upper Midwest: August 12-13 in Romulus, MI
Ohio, West Virginia, & Midwest: August 19-20 in Columbus, OH
New England & Northern State: August 19-20 in Nassau, NH
Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, DC, & Delmarva: August 26-27 in Fairfax, VA
New Jersey, New York, & Atlantic States: September 2-3 in Newark, NJ
Which Banner's in Your Crown Box?
National Miss American Coed Pageant
At the National MAC Pageant, there are TWO national-level competitions being held… Yes TWO! The first being the coveted National Queens Competition and the second being the National Victory Competition.
The National Queens Competition: National Queens title is the highest title awarded in an age division at the National MAC Pageant. All National finalists are scored in the same manner, no matter the title they hold when they arrive. The National judging panel is not aware of the title that the contestants hold at the National Level. The national judging panel does not see the National Program book before or during the National Competition.
To compete for the National Queens Competition in your age division, you are required to hold a State Queen title. You can acquire a State Queen title one of the following ways.
- Attend a State MAC Pageant and compete for the State or Open-State title at that State Pageant.
- If you are awarded one of these titles, you will qualify for various cash awards in your State Queen/ Open-State Queen prize package that you can apply as a credit towards your National MAC Pageant entry fees.
- Attend a State MAC Pageant and qualify to be appointed to an available At-Large State Queen title. Even though you qualify to attend the National Queens competition, you may or may not qualify for credits towards your National MAC Pageant entry fees. These are determined on a case-by-case basis and at the full discretion of the National MAC Pageant Director, Patty Hawkins.
- Request to be appointed to an available At-Large title.
- If a State Queen title is not crowned at a state pageant, that title becomes “At-Large” and is available for appointment.
- If you have not attended a State MAC Pageant in a State Pageant season, you will not be eligible for any credits towards your National fees, and will be required to pay the full $1200 entry fee for the National Queens Competition.
- There is an exception for State Queen titles from States that we do not host State Pageants for. These individuals will be offered an Appointed State Queen prize package, inclusive of a $300 Travel Allowance that they can apply as a credit towards their National Queen Competition entry fees, if they so choose.
**State Queens who decide to compete in the National Victory competition, may retain their State title, but forfeit their State Queens prize package; including any cash awards or travel allowances awarded.
**State Queens who are unable to attend the National MAC Pageant, for any reason, may retain their title and crown their successor at next year's pageant. provided they pay the required "Royalty Fee". State Queens who decide not to attend the National MAC Pageant, forfeit Queens prize package; including any cash awards or travel allowances they may have been awarded. Provided they pay the "Royalty Fee", they may retain their State Crown, Banner, and trophy.
The National Victory Competition: The National Victory Competition is a separate competition from the National Queens competition. National Victory contestants are scored and ranked separately from the National Queens contestants but are scored in the same manner. The National Victory title is the second highest title awarded in each age division at the National MAC Pageant. To compete for the National Victory title in your age division, there are no required pre-requisites.
- Any girl can compete in the National Victory competition for their age division. You are not required to attend a State MAC Pageant and there are no preliminary qualifying competitions as with the National Queens competition.
- The entry fee for the National Victory competition is $600. There are no credits or discounts available for this competition.
- The National Victory competition is an excellent choice for International contestants who wish to travel to the USA to be a part of the National MAC Pageant Experience.
- State Queens may compete in the National Victory competition, but in doing so they forfeit any cash awards or credits received when winning their State Queen title.
National Optional Competitions
Now, did you know that you can attend the National MAC Pageant and only compete in the Optional Competitions? Well, now you do! You must register under a special registration button. But if you wish to come and attend the National MAC Pageant parties and the National MAC Pageant events, but only want to compete in Talent, Modeling, Speech, Actress, Cheerleader, Fitness, or Photogenic Competitions, you can do that as well.
I think I’ve covered just about everything, but if you still have questions, please feel free to reach out.
MAC Pageants | Pageant Paparazzi
Image Credit: Pageant Paparazzi